Monday, May 5, 2008

Job Traveling...

Hey there, for those who know me...they know I'm still studying..but YES! I'm graduating end of this year...yeah!!!

At least, that's the GOOD news...but the "not so good" news is that...I understand from the recent news that Singapore is going into an economic slowdown which will be stretching into 2009..which also means... like most uni graduates...I may not be able to get a job that I really want! (**Shaking head**) What to do? To look optimistic...think I should start securing a job soon...

Oh talking about economic slowdown...I think most countries that follow US market will be hitted as or even more badly than us...at least for the BIG GIANTS...I mean the rising big countries like China and India...they may not be hitted so badly since they are currently developing into becoming a fully developed country! So I'm thinking... is China really that great? I mean not to offend..but alot of my school mates been talking about how great it is to be working in overseas and especially when China is on the way to become a full-developed country and is looking for internship there as they felt that there will be a lot of job opportunities around...**blah blah blah**

The question I'm posting is...Is traveling a part of your desired job criteria?.... I mean if given a situation which provide you 2 job opening...1st is your dream job with no traveling opportunity at all and the 2nd is an average job that allows you to travel all the time (to places you like to visit). Which one will you choose?

Thinking back...when I was younger...I mean I am still young but younger as in the teenage years like 15 to 21... my dream is to be able to get a job that allows me to travel oftenly so I am very positive that I will definitely choose the 2nd job... but now as I get more mature, I rather choose the 1st job as now I just feel that I don't really like the idea of traveling around so much. I mean I don't mind traveling but the urge to get a job that will enable me to travel is not there already!

So, I'm thinking...is it because I become more matured and want to settle down or maybe my family tie is getting stronger that I don't wish to part with my family so often? I don't really know the reason..but it seems to me that now... I prefer more stable lifestyle than being as advantageous like I used to me....maybe that's life...as we get older...we learn to see things from another angle that we thought we will never want to go into previously...

So posting that to that job opening question...if you were me...which job will you choose?

No comments: