Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Asian vs Westerner Perspective

Hey...it's me again! Today, after attending one of my summer term course on Social Media across Asia...it struck to me that more and more Asians have been blogging and this number is increasing gradually...as for the issues that they blog, it's mostly pertaining to personal interests like hobbies, food, etc...

But look at the westerners' blogs..a lot is on debating issues such as politics and current news!
I mean... from this blogging pattern, it seems that Asians care more about things that is personal to them, like sports or food for example while westerners care more about how they can make a different for the communities and the world as a whole...I mean that...there are still Asian people out there that cares and do blog them..but that number is seemingly small as compared to the westerners...

So, I'm thinking, are most Asians only bothered with things that only got to do with them? And I'm seriously agreeable on that... like for example...the global warming issue....it is very obvious that, this is simply a global issue.... I mean it concerns everyone since we are human and everyone lives on this mother earth... and of course, in order to survive and help our future generation to live on, it's everyone's effort to help to work on this environmental hot issue and the simplest thing to do (if everyone feels that it is their responsibility) is to help it deteroriate further by making a small change in your lifestyle...like using electrical fan than air-conditioning or save water by turning off ur tap immediately after use...
But we have seem report and watched news reporting on country that polluting the whole environment due to their heavy industrialized economy and is trying to shift the responsibility away by demanding leading countries to set as an example first...it seems like to me that these countries are looking for this kind of excuse as they are worried that by conforming to lower pollution emission will cause their whole industralized economy to slow down and they will not progress as fast as they should...

But from an environmentalist point of view, I just felt that's not right! I mean ...this is global issue...if the whole globe is to conform to these measures...then I see the pace of progress will slow down globally and the impact will be not the same as thought by these countries..

So, bringing back..me as an Asian individual...I personally will try my bit to help make this world a better place! And to kickstart..I have already help out by switching off my air-conditioning and choose to enjoy the summer breeze together with my electrical fan... So what about you?

No comments: